Monday, June 10, 2013

shake it up

Um, so clearly I dropped the ball re: MMM'13 but let's just move past all that, eh? How about I show you something I just made instead!

Meet Vogue 1288, the sequined Badgley Mischka cocktail dress. I used a cream cotton/rayon allover lace, and I underlined the main dress with a peachy silk taffeta. It also happens to be my wedding dress, for a city hall ceremony next week! I'm pretty sure I won't be wearing this dress very often (the lace is kind of prone to snags, and the invisible zipper really likes to snack on it every time it zips) but I'm surprised to find myself in love with the shape of it! I think I'll be making another one soon -- maybe in silk crepe? I just love the look of Novita's  version of V1288.

Another thing to love: I finished this dress in a day! All of it -- from cutting to hemming -- was completed on Sunday! So that definitely counts as success as far as I'm concerned.

8 comments:

  1. You made your dress! You made your dress!

    This is thrilling. I'm so excited. Eep!

    Of course, we require pictures. Of course.

    Best wishes!

    So many short paragraphs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! By more pictures, you mean of the neckline binding and seam finishes, right? ;) But really, I'll definitely get some "action shots" in downtown Brooklyn -- let's hope it isn't raining next week, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to have sort of been in the know that this dress was happening! Pictures, pictures, please! It looks so simple and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And you know, I actually bought the thread on the day we went to Mood!

      Delete
  3. Oh it looks lovely -- how exciting! Can't wait to see pics of the big day.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I think as long as someone else is in charge of taking photos, I can probably manage to post them! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, YAY! How exciting! This looks gorgeous-- can't wait to see more photos! Oh, and nice running into you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Always nice to see a friendly face out and about! (Also, looking forward to seeing what you do with your fun new acquisitions!)

      Delete